Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kourtney Kardashian Keeps Kid

While not much the Kardashians do is even worth talking about, let alone posting on a Catholic blog, it looks like Kourtney made a great decision to not get an abortion.

Though these days she couldn't be happier about her mother-to-be status, Kourtney Kardashian admits to People magazine that she initially had mixed feelings about her pregnancy and seriously considered terminating it.

"I definitely thought about it long and hard, about if I wanted to keep the baby or not, and I wasn't thinking about adoption," Kardashian reveals.

While Kardashian's baby daddy, Scott Disick, told her, "I really want you to keep it, but I will support you whatever you decide to do," Kardashian eventually turned to a close pal to discuss her dilemma.

"I called my best friend crying, and I was like, 'I don't know what to do,'" Kardashian says. "She said, 'Call your doctor, and at least find out the risks and stuff.'"

Well, looks like the "risks and stuff" along with a thorough search of the interwebs weren't the only thing that factored into her decision! And it's nice to see the father actually weighed in on the debate - and he wanted to keep the baby!

After consulting with her doc, Kardashian did some research on the Internet.

"I looked online, and I was sitting on the bed hysterically crying, reading these stories of people who felt so guilty from having an abortion," Kourtney recalls. "I was reading these things of how many people are traumatized by it afterwards...I was just sitting there crying, thinking, 'I can't do that.' And I felt in my body, this is meant to be. God does things for a reason, and I just felt like it was the right thing that was happening in my life."

Kourtney says she is still pro-choice but does admit that too many women these days are just going out and getting abortions without thinking about the consequences or long-term effects.

"I do think every woman should have the right to do what they want, but I don't think it's talked through enough" Kardashian says. "I can't even tell you how many people just say, 'Oh, get an abortion.' Like it's not a big deal."
Well, it certainly is a big deal - it's a human life! Maybe those years at an all-girl Catholic school did her some good afterall.

original here.

No comments:

Post a Comment